Sunday, December 18, 2011

long story short, we are moving...

Hey all,
wow I haven't made a post in over 2 months, mainly because we don't have Internet.  I do email, facebook, googling, and all that jazz from my phone.  anyways my title is long story short, but this post might be a little bit long :)

so Ben and I have big news, we are moving sometime around January 9th!  we are packing up and heading north to Michigan.  It's still hard to believe I am even saying that.  It is so surreal, I have felt like I've been a dream in the past week, everything is happening SO fast.

So you read this and wonder why, we are moving from VA to [cold,snowy] MI?

Well let me try to make this part short,  for many many reason's we feel God is leading us to MI to get back on our feet financially and to grow us in many ways, as far as our relationship with Him, our marriage, and our place in ministry.  The whole time we moved to Willamsburg, VA area we have struggled financially, but God is faithful and provided in many different ways.  Recently we have had some major financial hardships that put is in place where we knew we need to do something fast.  However we didn't wanna make any decisions out of our flesh or what would be easy since my family and friends live in MI, you think this move would be easy but it's actually pretty hard on us.  So we prayed for God's will, and one circumstance lead to another and God has made it clear to us that Michigan is where we need to be.

We are moving into my parents basement temporarily, which is a huge blessing.  It will pretty much be like an apartment, it is fully finished and there is a full bathroom, kitchenette area with fridge, sink, and stove, cable and Internet.  Even though it is not ideal for us to live with family, we are grateful that will have an opportunity to save up some money and get back on our feet financially.

So far we don't have any for sure jobs but there are hopefully some doors opening up, so you can please pray for us in that area, as we will need to find jobs right away!

As far as church goes, we are going to get to go visit churches and let God lead us to the right one where we will get fed and can get plugged in and use our gifts.

Ben eventually would like to pursue some schooling once we have some finances for it.  The plan for now is for him to find a regular job, I say regular because we aren't searching for youth pastor or worship leader jobs.  But that doesn't meant we won't get involved in those areas, since they are our passions.

I can't believe we are going through another transition already, this will be my third move in a little over a year.  I am definitely excited for what God has for us but really sad to leave VA.  We have awesome family and great friends here which right now it isn't reality for us to say goodbye to them, but as I said when Ben and I were long distance dating, it's not goodbye it's see ya later.

So that is the short version of what is going on with Ben and Amy.  We appreciate your prayers.  If you want to know how to pray for us specifically see the list below.  Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Blessings.


Prayer:
-we need to sell Ben's Escape asap.
-there are few other big items we are hoping to sell before the move, mostly furniture.
-pray that God would open up doors for Jobs
-pray for peace for us
-pray that the transition would be smooth
-pray for safe travels as we will be moving all of our stuff in the winter time through the mountains

Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting Amy! I'm praying God's blessings on you guys in this season. I know it's been hard for you in VA, and I think you guys are making a very wise decision in moving into your parent's basement. Rob and I have honestly been praying for something like that too so we can get financially on our feet (our first little place was in someone's basement). Anyways, excited for what God has planned for you guys!

    ReplyDelete