Tuesday, October 11, 2011

YUMMY RECIPES

Well tonight I am going to post some recipes I have made this week, that have all turned out yumm-o, and weight watchers friendly (for those who care).

So I have been loving my crock pot.  It's a wonderful thing, especially know since I work till 6 everyday, I don't want to come home and make dinner.  Also Tues, Wednes, and Thursdays, are always busy all day for us.  So the crock pot is my friend.

Last night I made sweet and sour chicken and put it over brown rice.  Here is the recipe...


Weight Watchers Sweet and Sour Chicken Crock Pot Recipe

Ingredients:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 5.5 oz (about half of the 11.5 oz jar) Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 oz pineapple chunks in juice, drained (reserve 1/4 cup juice)
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 16 oz bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables
** If you are feeling ambitious (not lazy), nix the bag of frozen veggies, and cut your own! I used green and red bell peppers, 2 stalks of green onions, broccoli, and some sugar snap peas — SOOOOOO yummy!
Directions:
Cut the raw chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Spray your crock-pot with cooking spray. Add chicken, garlic powder and onion powder; stir. Stir in sweet and sour sauce, pineapple chunks, brown sugar and the 1/4 cup of pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Add frozen vegetables during the last 30 minutes of cooking and cook on high. Makes 4 servings


Read more: http://www.laaloosh.com/2009/02/04/weight-watchers-sweet-and-sour-chicken-crock-pot-recipe/#ixzz1aWibal3T
/\/\this website I came across is awesome.  Tons of recipes!!!
Tolday I made BBQ "Pulled" Pork in the Crock pot....sooo yummy and excited for leftovers tomorrow...

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of diet cola
3/4 cup of barbecue sauce (substitute ketchup for Core)
1 large onion, diced
2 pounds of pork tenderloin
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. chili powder


Cut raw pork into square pieces.  Add all ingredients to crock pot and stir together.  Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.  Remove pork and shred it, then return it to the sauce.  Serve on Bun. 


Finally tonight for my church lifegroup I made "Pumpkin Fluff", and omygosh!  Best fall dessert ever possibly.  So easy to make and cheap and also a weight watchers recipe.  I halved the recipe below.

Ingredients:
16 oz of (light) cool whip
15 oz can of pumpkin
5 oz pkg of (sugar free fat free) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.

Mix pumpkin, pudding mix, and pie spice together.  Then fold in the whip cream. Refridgerate till ready to serve. Serve with graham crackers or ginger snaps.  (I'm going to put it in graham cracker pie crust next time)  THIS IS A MUST TRY!!!



I bought that little pumpkin at the dollar tree.  It is foam and carvable.  My little tuperware container fit perfectly inside to put the fluff in!


Well that's all for tonight.  Hope you enjoy these!!

1 comment: