Thursday, October 6, 2011

God is on the job!

"Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner." 
--1 Peter 4:12-13


Wow.  The Word is telling me to be Glad when life gets difficult.  SO opposite of how I really react when things get difficult.  I mean really, be Glad?  Why would I be glad?  No one likes difficult, no likes to suffer, to no likes go through trials.  But right here God gives me a reason to be glad, because I am experiencing what Christ experienced.  WOW. 


Anyways, this piece of scripture hit me hard.  


When things aren't going my way, I jump to the conclusion that God doesn't know what He is doing OR He isn't doing anything.  man, am I wrong!  God knows exactly what He is doing, shoot he knows how many hairs are on my head!  


As hard as it is to always grasp this revelation and live it out, it brings peace to me.  :)


I've had a hard time going through the process or fire God is allowing me to go through.  I know I'm being tested and I continue to fail.  But Praise the Lord that His Grace is sufficient and that He helps me back up to start all over again. 


Anyways,  So I finally got a little job.  I am working part time at a local Christian school in the after school daycare.  Also I have had babysitting jobs that have been helping provide for bills and what not.  Kids are so cute!  So I am happy to be working and feel productive.  Since I work 3-6 everyday, I've been trying out different crock pot meals so dinner is all ready when I get home.  We had pork chops tonight, they were delicious!!!  I usually don't like pork chops either. 


CAN YOU BELIEVE NEXT SATURDAY IS ONE YEAR FOR BEN AND I?!  holy cow.  It has flown by.  This has probably been one of the hardest years of my life but Thank you God for letting me go through it with my best friend, my husband!  I'm so excited to celebrate with him next weekend!! :)


Well there is a quick update, I haven't had much access to computer so I will update when I can.  I am at worship practice with Ben right now.  My pastors baby is right next to me sleeping.  She is so cute and makes me want one.  BUT NOT FOR A WHILE FOLKS. sorry mom :)


have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment