Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gloomy Thursday

Well this is my first post!   I've been wanting to make one of these for a while because I always have a thought to share or food recipes :)  I am still  working on making this blog beautiful ;o).   Well this week has been a pretty low key week.  Staying home a lot while Ben is at work.  Today I finally decided to pull out the crock pot and try a new recipe for dinner, and it turned out very YUM.  The bonus was it was so easy to make!!!


Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings for 2

Ingredients:
-2 Bonless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
-1 Can of cream of chicken
-1 Can of chicken broth
-1 tablespoon of butter
-Water
-Chopped onion
-Frozen Peas
-Pkg of uncooked biscuits
-Salt and Pepper

I put the 2 frozen breasts in the bottom of the crock pot, then added chopped onion (do however much you desire!), butter, cream of chk, chk broth, and just enough water to cover it all.  Set crock pot on high, cover, and leave it be for 3-4 hours.

After 3-4 hours, if chicken is cooked through putt it out and shred it with a fork.  Then put it back in the crock pot, now add the frozen peas.  Also pull out your biscuits and cut each biscuit into four 1inch squares.  Add this to the chicken and broth.  These are your dumplings.  Make sure you push them down under the broth and stir.  Recover and let cook for another hour.  The check to make sure dumplings fluffed up and are not doughy.  If not, it is ready to eat!!!  Season with salt and pepper.   I made some eggs noddles and put the chicken and dumplings on top. 



Definately a new go to recipe especially for these upcoming months.

You can definately double this recipe if you are cooking for 4 or more.  I singled it because it was just me and the hubby, plus I only had the small crock pot out.  We still had left overs.

I hope I did a okay job explaining, please comment if you have any questions.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment